With the churning of 2012 off to a booming start, I see the importance of asking for what you want. There are many ways we can ask for what we want, both outwardly and inwardly. You can do this in so many ways. Some examples are:
- Asking your bank to review a charge that seems unwarranted
- Searching for volunteer helpers with your move to a new home
- Praying for answers and guidance
- Calling on a dear friend during a moment of crisis
- Asking the credit company for a reduced APR
- Utilizing your network to find quality referrals for a project your working on
- Using meditation, yoga, or exercise to process and call forward the energy you want (loving, cooperative, peaceful, abundant, etc.)
- Asking someone you admire to be your mentor
- Letting your significant other know what you are going through and what you would like from them (don’t make them guess)
- AND ALWAYS, asking yourself to seize the moment!
Why always asking yourself to seize the moment? Because it starts with your ability to take action and seize moments of opportunity! Timing can be of the essence. My very first example above, “asking the bank to review charges”, is from a personal experience. Last week, I was headed to make a “quick” deposit when I remembered a recent insufficient funds charge that I felt was unwarranted. I chose to take the opportunity and go inside where I asked the teller to take a look. It proved to be very beneficial for me and I ended up with more money back in my pocket than I had even anticipated!
I saw another sweet example on the Ellen Show that demonstrates asking for what you want in a wonderous way. I’m sure Pedro got more than what he even anticipated as well. Check out the clip here!
So from very literal ways of opening your mouth and asking, to the biblical reference of, ask and you shall receive, it comes down to you. Take action. Seize the moment. And know that you can create what you want.
I invite you to Ask For What You Want through rest of the week. On Friday, I will share part II of this discussion and we shall see what you receive through simply asking. 🙂
P.S. If you like what you are reading, please SUBSCRIBE for weekly synergy boosts!